This program illustrates how to maintain top-notch production values in facilities that range from the high school "cafetorium" to state-of-the-art theaters.
- Explores various types of common interior and exterior set design styles: Box Sets, Unit Sets, and Wing and Drop Sets, as well as combinations of those three types.
- Demonstrates how to analyze a script to determine technical demands.
- Offers hands-on group projects such as researching for period plays, working with the director and other designers to achieve a specific style the production concept, and considering directional compositions in the design.
- Analyzes common aspects of set design including sightlines, furniture placement and traffic patterns, and basic scale drawing.
Hosts: Bob Fowler and Marti Fowler
In addition to freshening up the original Set Design program, the 2nd Edition will include new sections:
- Using Projections
- 3-D Set Design Rendering
- 2 interviews with USA 829 Scenic Designers (including plans and footage of the finished sets)
- Production Concept and the Design Process
- Designing Period Sets.
(Anticipated Roll-Out Date, Fall, 2017).